View Single Post
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-07, 17:07
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Today--Butterscotch. I'm trying the idea with the alcohol. I perused my booze closet (doesn't everyone have one???) and low and behold I had a mini bottle of butterscotch liquer (can't figure out why I bought it) (not mention an unopened bottle of butterrum Davinci). I made the basic vanilla custard with only 1 TBS glycerine and added 1 TBS NOT SUGAR to the warm base along with the mini of liquer (about 50ml). The NOT SUGAR thickened the base beautifully and it stayed thick after adding everything else. It's been about 7 hours in the freeze and it's hardened but extremely pliable than the usual recipe. Not for the "purist" low carber because the liquer has about 11 carbs per oz (mostly from sugar since it's a liquer) but at ~ 4.2 carbs per serving (my recipe makes a nice generous 4 servings per batch), it beats the Ben and Jerry's that I ate a week ago (my bad!) Yep, back to making my own ice cream again.

Lisa

PS--and yes, I made it in my "old fashioned" cuisinart maker--not the fancy schmancy refrigerated version that some of my ice cream experimenters are lucky enough to have--big sigh....maybe santa will bring me one (probably not--I haven't been that good )