#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 23:34

Plan: LA Shape Diet
Stats: 128/126/110 Female 61"
BF:17%
Progress: 11%
Default Low Metabolism

HI folks,

I am 34 and have been without my thyroid for 9 years. I had papillary cancer and had it removed. I'm currently taking synthroid .175 and glucopage 500 mg. My thyroid levels are fine and healthy. However, I have continued to gain weight since I ran my first marathon last summer in June of 2002.

I had "thrown in the towel" when someone told me about a doctor at UCLA who was an endrocrinologist speciallizing in nutrition. Well, I went to see him and explained that I was following low carb, high protien, high fat and working out regularly 5 days a week. My workouts include boxing, running, wieght training, and pilates.

He put me on a machine and figured out that I'm burning 1268 calories a day. The average woman my size, 5'2", 34 years old, burns about 2500 to 3000 with my activity level. He suggested I go on Meridia, add more protein, lower fat and count calories. He also suggested 4 months of a supervised liquid high protein diet.

Are any of you familiar with this? I'm not a big fan of diet pills and counting calories sounds like a lot of work. However, I've continued to gain weight for no reason. At 34, actively dating, a liquid diet sounds a bit extreme.

I'd love any advice.

Warmly,

Girly girl.
Sponsored Links