View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 23:57

Plan: Moderate Low-Carb <100g
Stats: 130/110.2/115 Female 5'3.5
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 132%

Just wanted to say thanks for your response!

I've cut back on my cardio - I don't do ANY on the days I do weights, 'cept for maybe 3.0 on the treadmill for 10 mins to "warm up" before I hit the weight machines, and then I get back on after the weights for about 5 minutes to cool down.

I'm up to 6 arm/chest machines and 5 leg machines, usually 3 sets of 10 now that the weight is higher. It's a good day when I basically have to crawl out of the gym and can barely turn the steering wheel to drive home. HAR. Lifting my two year old into his carseat is always a treat as well...... NOT.

I've been doing intervals on the treadmill for some time now, on my cardio days. Not exactly HIIT type, but maybe a moderate version. I'm going to try some HIIT tomorrow though cuz I read somewhere that too much cardio destroys muscle mass? Hruh?
I mean, I don't want to be the Incredible Hulk, but boy am I seeing results from all my weights. It's awesome! I don't want the cardio to ruin that.... as I usually do 90 minutes on cardio days.

Alright, I'm blithering on again..... lemme know if anyone has any insight. OH, and I found a great website (sorry if it's been mentioned before, i don't lurk much on this part of the website) called www.myfreetrainer.com

Shows you how to do allllll the free weight exercises, so I'm getting a bit more comfortable with the idea of venturing into the weight room with all the dudes. We shall see.

Julia