View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 19:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

OK, I've pretty much finished the relevent parts of the book. I didn't re-read all the stuff I've read from other sources about the mechanics of insulin resistance and the merits of a LC lifestyle.

I think it's pretty neat that, after doing all the calculations for my "healthy weight" I came up with a number that makes sense- between 139 and 150. All that from my waist and hip measurments and height? Pretty cool!

Now I'm annoyed with myself for not reserving both books at once; I could have reviewed both of them this weekend.

At this point, I'm sold on LC and emphasizing protein intake makes sense. But how much protein? Am I supposed to figure out my minimum protein requirments based on my LBW or based on my current weight? I need at least 66 grams per day according to the calculations I did today. Should I aim for more than that? A quick review of Fitday reveals that I've been consuming around 100+ grams daily, but that's getting harder to keep up as my appetite (and carb cravings) are decreasing. Today I got 92 grams.