Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 09:50
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Plan: Atkins (total, not net)
Stats: 194/151.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35.8%/19%/17%
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
You could try an alternative method. Instead of entering the quiche as a custom food, enter it as a recipe. This way it will calculate the rest for you, per portion.

It would be easy to allow custom foods to entered as is, without enforcing that it adds up to meanigful values. But in the long run, it would make the items useless when trying to audit your intake for hidden cabs/calories.

Wa'il

I guess the quiche was a bad example, because I would enter it as a recipe.

Another example is the Starkist tuna pouches. One pouch is 3.5 servings. When I have this for lunch, I have the entire pouch. I wanted to add a pouch of it (7 oz) as a custom food. However, now that it's entered, I have to remember to enter that it's 7 oz or my totals won't be right.

Another example is the egg salad that I get from a deli here. Their website lists the nutritional info. I have no clue what the portion size is off the top of my head and would have to look it up every time I want to add their egg salad into my meals for the day. I want to be able to just click "Corner Bakery Egg Salad" and be done with it. I don't want to have to go to their website and look up the serving size each time. I can't enter this as a recipe because I have no clue how much of the individual ingredient the put into it.

Or, can those things be entered as recipes as well?