View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 12:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/249/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good luck to you! I also am an ex-smoker. I quit about 10 years ago and am still blaming quitting for my weight gain! Actually, I've always had a weight problem and have been on so many diets--most of them unhealthy. I did Atkins the first time about 20 years ago and lost weight. But I didn't keep it up and gained it back and more.

Just like you, I saw the article about Atkins this week. The next day I started back. I can't believe how well it's gone so far. I had the new Atkins book from a short stint on it a couple of years ago. Now that we can eat salad and vegetables, I think I'm going to make it. Plus, when I first tried Atkins, there were not very many low carb prepared breads, etc, out there. I tried making my own from his recipe and it was awful.

I've lost 10 pounds since Tuesday. From what I'm reading elsewhere on the forum, I don't think most can expect to lose that much that quickly--I just have a LOT to lose and I guess it's probably mostly water weight. I'm averaging between 20-30 carbs daily and I'm using ketostix.

Keep up your exercising. I combine aerobic and strength training five days a week and have been doing that for 1-1/2 years. I think that will really help us as we lose the weight.

Anyway, I'm a newbie with you and wish you all the best!