View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 10:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 445/305/220 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 62%

A quick update on my exercise of late: I've been doing it, just not putting it in here as there hasn't been much beyond the routine. Thursday and Friday I hit the kettlebell, Saturday I only had a 1/2 an hour so I hit the treadmill and did 2 1/2 miles, of which I jogged 1 3/4 including 1 1/4 straight, then sunday I hit the kettlebell again. I seem to have finally put on the muscle I need to really hit it at 53 lbs, as it's gotten much easier than it was, knock on wood (though it's still definitely serious exercise). Last night I hit the KB really hard and did 6 sets of 10 of clean and presses and 1 armed swings, and I also did this new thing where I'm doing 9 passes around the body segued directly into 9 passes between the legs without stopping, then repeating. I found that if I do odd numbers I automatically switch direction when I go into the other type of pass, and since I'm not in the crouch for as long for the between-the-legs style I can go longer and it's a BRUTAL workout. I'm not sure how to document my sets of that, so I'll do it this way:

((9 x 2 pass types)x4) = 1 set, and I did 2 sets in addition to the clean and presses and swings last night. So that means that I did

9 around the body passes into 9 through the legs passes into
9 around the body passes into 9 through the legs passes, all without stopping. I'm considering that to be 1 set.

Then I took a break, then I repeated.

For my Friday kettlebell workout I just did ((9 x 2 pass types)x5)x5, and it was a KILLER. I'm probably going to start working that in as a regular workout, because it's really good for muscle building and brutal(!) for cardio. I was also doing double-dumbell curls at 35 lbs in between those sets. I've switched them from the day with the clean and presses/swings because it was making those days take too long and I think there were too many redundant muscles being used, making the overall workout less effective.

-j.