View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 20:08
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I'm almost packed and ready to leave. I'll be out of town today and tomorrow so I'm meeting with my trainer on Tuesday (instead of Monday).

The best news I have is that DH gave the o.k. for me tp purchase more sessions with the trainer. I had 2 left and I recently bought 5 more (with a little discount) plus my trainer said he'd add in one for free. (I love this guy!) So that means we have 8 weeks together, which I think will be a wonderful learning experience for me.

He's already excited about how we'll spend the time. Right now he's concentrating on overall body and balance (using stability objects a lot, e.g., when doing flies or squat pulls I'm not on the floor but balancing on those...I don't know what to call them except puffy discs, LOL) He said over the course of our time he'll keep changing it up...a segment of more steady (less "wobbly" like I'm doing now) strength-oriented focus...and then also a segment with a more "explosive" feel. I know I've heard these terms and I'm figuring you'll know what I mean. Of course I'll share the details when we get to it.

I'm doing the weekly thing so that I can stretch out the time but still use it efficiently. We meet at the beginning of the week and he tests me and teaches me things. Then my job is to go back to the gym myself two more times that week and repeat everything I've learned. The concentration with him is strength/resistance and ab work, which has been incredible. (I swear I'm seeing hints of lines!) I do cardio on my own, which consists of treadmill and elliptical, influenced by my interest in HIIT. The biggest change I made is I do cardio 3x a week along with the resistance and ab work. I do think it's making a difference.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll post again when I get back!