View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-07, 06:36

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hey Demi. I think this is a great idea.

I didn't have time to go into my background in weight training this morning. So I'm editing now to say a few things.
I'm 51 years old. Started weight training around 1986 at age 31 after my second child was born. I started out as an aerobics instructor, and became interested in weights since I was in a gym. I practically wore out Rachel McLish's bodybuilding book. That's where I learned the basics. My first husband was killed in 1988, I remarried in 1991, moved and eventually stopped weight training....until I think it was 2004.
After I had let myself go and was fat and miserable. I had started lowcarbing and was encouraged by the weight I had lost. So....I got back into it and found the passion and love I had for it before. I don't intend to ever stop again. Now....I need it for my mental health as well as my physical health.
This time I work out in my basement. I didn't think I'd ever be able to weight train at home....but now I LOVE it.

I'm doing my first cut now. I'm journaling this experience in my gym log. I'm only 1 week into it....but so far, so good.
So that's the "highlights" of my background in weight training.