View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 09:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 375/309/185 Female 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I made this last night and it was AWESOME! (not perfecly southbeach, but TONS of veggies) At the end I'll tell you how I "made" it southbeach...

Gingered Orange Beef and Asparagus Stirfry

1# flank steak
3/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c. honey
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
3 T. low sodium soy sauce
1T. cornstartch

Mix together oj, honey, redpepper, soy sauce and cornstarch. Cut steak into strips and marinate in this until ready for it.

4 c. chopped fresh asparagus
1 red pepper sliced
3 scallions chopped
1 c. grated carrots
2 cloves fresh garlic minced
1 t. fresh ginger (I used dry.... )
2T oil

Heat large pan (or wok) with 1 T oil. Stirfry asparagus for 4 minutes, add redpepper, scallions, onion, carrots, garlic and ginger. Stirfry for 1 more minute (Mine actually took a bit longer to get it HOT). Take veggies out, put in a bowl.

Heat the other tablespoon of oil. Put meat and sauce in. Stirfry until cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Mix with veggies. Serve on rice.

NOW... for how I made this SB friendly. I cooked the sauce seperate from the meat (yes the meat still marinated in it... but didn't COOK in it.) Then I just took the meat and veggies I wanted out, before I dumped the sauce on it for eric/kyson. Also I made brown rice to have it on.

Also I would add more red pepper.... it wasn't spicy at all... and we like "spicy".