View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 18:20

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome Toeman,

I see you have just read PP so I will say to you the same thing I said to Mella, get and read Protein Power Lifeplan. It was written five years after PP and has updated information. I still recommend people get and read PP but also tell them that PPLP is better written (in my opinion) and a MUST to have. I hope you will get a copy and read it thoroughly. There is a LOT to know about healthy eating. Not following the details can cause problems, most not serious but often frustrate getting to your goal.

One of the reasons for reading PPLP is to learn about fat. When you stop eating lots of carbohydrates you need to replace the energy you obtained form them with something else. In PPLP/PP that is FAT! Protein can be used for energy but that is not the most efficient way to get the energy you need. So when you say,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeman18
Total Fat 2.5g
that is way too little for breakfast which is supposed to supply you with energy for the mornings work.

One of the things you should also watch is the total calories you eat each day. Mainly to be sure you are not eating too little, a common problem in weight loss dieting. Too little food will make the body think that you are in a famine and risk starving. It will then "hold on" to everything it can - the fat you want to get rid of. Deidra posts here and has stated that her loss stalled until she added more calories (mostly, fat I think) to her diet.

Remember, PP and PPLP is all about the BASIS for healthy eating, and thus it gives you the principles but leaves the details up to you. YES, there are "sample plans" but notice you are not told you must eat these to be "on plan". That is one reason why participating in a support forum is important, if you are confused or having problems, someone usually will be able to help you.