#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 340/302/225
BF:
Progress:
Default Egg Plant Parma

Easy enough so that my wife lets me do the whole thing myself.

I use two small egg plants and try to buy ones w/o the big bulge on one end. I remove the skin (my preference) with a potato skin peeler. I then make slices about a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick. I then mix up two eggs in a relatively flat soup dish and using a blender I make a bowl of bread crumbs using pork rinds. I then dip each side of the egg plant into the egg, then into the pork rinds and place into a frying plan which contains olive oil. Oil should be heated at medium setting so that it is hot prior to placing egg plant into pan. Fry each side 4 to 5 minutes until brown and then place of paper towel to drain. I then use some individual portion round deep dishes (oven proof) and layer in the egg plant. I pour Ragoo sauteed onion and garlic sauce over the egg plant which I then cover with crumpled mozzarella cheeze. I then place them in freezer with a cover and when desired I remove the cover and place each serving in the oven for about 30 minutes to make sure it heats through.

A great change of pace after all those meat dishes. Don't know the amount of carbs per serving and don't care because I know I am not eating rice, bread, pasta, potatoes etc. so how bad can the carb count be.
Sponsored Links