View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 07:46

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, all! It's been crazy busy these past several weeks. Major deadlines (ok, so they were self-imposed) at work, trying to get things wrapped up before taking 2 weeks off. We're leaving for Scotland on Tuesday, and won't return until July 8.

All this is very interesting, and yet I'm so tired of having to research everything. I WANT A MAGIC PILL!

As for me, my journey is seeming to be in a good place right now. Still not losing, but I believe that will come when things get really balanced. I've only had two periods since January 1 -- one at the end of January and one at the end of March.

I've been on progesterone since May -- 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, and I'm currently in the middle of 2 weeks off. My NP at WtoW didn't say that I should be bleeding at the end of 2 weeks on. She said if I do have a period, to start the progesterone 12 days after the start. If I DON'T have a period, then it's 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. So I guess this is OK.

I've also recently started estrogen. The NP said 2 drops on the wrist in the morning and 2 drops at night or, if I'm having trouble sleeping, all 4 drops at night. I've been sleeping better with the 4 drops at night, but am really drowsy in the mornings, so I've switched to 2 am and 2 pm.

Haven't been having the night sweats, and really all other symptoms are mild. Overall I'm feeling better, though still get fatigued with exercise. BUT I've had some amazingly energetic days.

At work, I set a goal for myself to get a certain huge project done. I really thought I'd only be able to get a third of it done, but still wanted to shoot for the whole thing. Last Friday my hard drive crashed and I lost a day (and only a few files, thanks to a recent backup and some luck of just that morning moving my entire project to the company network for printing -- had I lost that, it would have been devastating). Anyway, I got the ENTIRE project done! I still don't believe it. So, I guess things are looking up.

This week, however, has been hard. I've been putting too much stress on myself and I over-did it. I worked about 50 hours this past week, which isn't all that much, but I pushed myself way too hard the whole time. On Thursday I almost had a meltdown at work. One of the guys was teasing me and giving me a hard time about something and wouldn't let up. I tried to calmly tell him that "I can't do this today" and "please don't push today." He wouldn't let up, so I just said "I can't" and went back to my office to cool off. I didn't cry, but almost.

Then that night when I walked in the door, DH took one look at me and said, "Let me pour you a drink." I love that man. I was telling him about my day, and then we started talking about our upcoming trip, and before you knew it, the tears started falling. For no reason. Can you say, "mood swing"? Yikes! It was terrible. There was absolutely nothing wrong, and there I was crying. Not sobbing, just quietly weeping. Weird.

So that's what's up with me. I'll check back throughout the weekend. Heck, it's raining here so there's not much to do other than play on the internet and make packing lists!