View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 05:47

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Clasys,

There is a book called "Excitotoxins - the taste that kills" by dr Ray Blaylock; its all about how to thwart MSG and other things like it. I bought it, read it 3 times and it really changed my life. He advises mega doses of supplements; magnesium calcium being at the top of the list, A, C, E, also. He claims magnesium and glucose are the two biggest things that save you from an MSG. (personally I dont go for mega doses of anything, I use Slow-mag and nothing else.)

I've switched to whole unrefined, not ground Celtic Sea Salt - and never use table salt; been using sea salt for years now. I have minor bloating only very rarely now, when I eat things that I shouldnt & dont eat enough sea salt. Once I read about how the companies stripped our table salt of all its vital nutrients and why table salt is the basically the worst thing you can eat I was very shocked that no one seems to know this stuff. If you are like me, you have to read about it, become informed; before you make a desicion. I believe there have been reports lately that low salt diet is no longer recommended for HBP; I think one of those was posted in the news parts of this forum.

(Unrefined, unground) Celtic Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs; the only brand on the market compatible to the seawater-like composition of the body. Some of these elements are needed in trace amounts. (Ordinary table salt that is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its companion elements and contains additive elements such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous.) Our bodies are like the ocean and need sea salt for every function. Its so easy and simple and so often overlooked. I was very surprised that when I switched I was able to tolerate heat; I thought the reason I couldnt take the heat of a hot summer day anymore was my age. Real sea salt fixed that. The trace amounts of lithium in too are vitally needed. I've read that 2 cents worth of real sea salt could help with a lot of depression and that it is needed also to combat MSG.

If you are interested, here is a link to the celtic sea salt site: http://www.celticseasalt.com/About_...Salt__W48C3.cfm - that is the only salt I would ever recommend to anyone. (The light grey whole unground variety - I bought a mini mortar and pestle to grind it; you grind it right before use or you lose half the nutrients) This brand is usually available at health food stores, I buy it by the 5 lb bag online and use it liberally everyday.

Link about sea salt : http://www.curezone.com/foods/saltpage.html
there is a lot of good info on that site about why sea salt is vital/comparing it against table salt.

Personally, after studying all the info, I also avoid mined sea salt, since the composition is different from seawater salt and the key is balance of the nutrients.