Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 21:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirl
Kevin, did that company (Wilderness Family Naturals) ever clarify whether the Coconut Flour is 100% natural coconut ground fine OR if it is what's left (a kind of 100% natural pomace) after the coconut oil is expeller pressed or whatever...?
Makes a big difference and explains the variation in the nutritional information between natural 100% whole coconut and the Flour product...hmmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
I bought both the coconut flour and the dehydrated raw unsweetened small coconut flakes. According to the 2 labels there is no nutritional differences.

Wait on closer look they are not the same.....different serving sizes fool me for a min. Things have been removed and added and it says Coconut Flour/Fiber.

Eh? Sorry, Kevin, but I can't tell from here what the difference is between the labels. I already have the info from the Nutrition Facts on the "Coconut Flour" as you posted and it's clearly different from the info I have on several packages of "100% Raw/Pure Coconut".

I'd really like to know if you asked the company if the Coconut Flour is made from dried, ground coconut 'pomace'...I can contact NutsForU and if you haven't already Wilderness Family Naturals but you might get a better answer being WFN customer.

PS: I have a file of coconut "flour" recipes I recently pulled from public domain (published on the web in the open and all attributed where the info is provided. Would you like that set, too? They mostly differ from what's published here so far.