Thread: Mock Danish
View Single Post
  #394   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 12:19

Plan: No junk
Stats: 180/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 20%

I did not want to try this. I thought it sounded like the most disgusting thing ever.

I have been converted. It is so delicious, so easy and has saved me from high carb food for the last few days. For those of you who say you keep getting scrambled eggs, I'm going to include my instructions. If you still get what you think are sweet scrambled eggs, realize that you're putting eggs in the microwave, and that you don't like it, move on.

Okay here goes...

I used 3 oz. of cream cheese. This would be 3 sections of an 8 ounce block. I heated this for 30 seconds in the microwave in a regular ceramic bowl.

Then I took the bowl out, and stirred up the cream cheese with a fork. I added a few drops of vanilla extract and 2-3 packs of splenda, and stirred them in with the fork.

Then I cracked an egg into the bowl, and used the same forkto stir it all up. I used a whisking motion until everything is pretty much a uniform consistency and color. (It WILL NOT be perfect.)

Finally, and I think that this is important, I covered it with plastic wrap. I could not get it to puff up until I used the plastic wrap.

I put it in my microwave for 2 minutes on high. When you take it out, the bowl will be hot, and be careful not to burn yourself with steam when removing the plastic wrap.

When it is done, it should be dry on the top, and only SLIGHTLY jiggly in the center. If it looks different than this, you did something wrong, or something is wrong with your microwave. The first time I made this I tried cooking it on low, and I got a custard. As soon as I tried it the way it was explained in the first pages of this thread, it worked perfectly.

If you do these steps properly, and you don't like it, then I would stop worrying about it. The mock danish is not for you.

Mary