View Single Post
  #1152   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 21:57
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Does anyone know how to get it so I don't get notified everytime someone responds to a thread? I like getting them from the ones I partake in, but I am now a Curves hater so I don't want this particular one.

OK, now that I said that I have to tell you why.....
First of all, it it's working for you I sure am not telling you not to go, it worked for me when I first started exercising.... but, I had decided to quit so I could join a gym with my husband. He became diagnosed diabetic and decided it would be fun to exercise together. So we found a gym here in town that has a pool, and treadmills, and bikes and equipment simular to curves, just not in a circle. I had not been going to curves for several months anyway because I got pneumonia, got better, it rebounded and I got bronchitis several times. I quit my membership by phone telling them I was sick and under Drs care. They said no problem, but the payments kept coming out of my checking account. So I made follow-up calls and more follow=up calls. Finally one day I went in and they said, oh, you can't quit on the phone it has to be in writting. So I said give me a piece of paper and I wrote I quit on it and signed and dated it. A week later, it came out of my checking account again. I called my bank and they put a stop to it, but couldn't get my prior months returned to me.
So a word to the wise, if you do decide to quit, take it in writting and have a witness, the reason I say this is that I know know others who had simular experiences.... one friend going through it now.
The other thing is, I just want you all to know is that most gyms do not have such limited hours. Here in California, I was paying $39 per month, and they were never open on Sunday and closed at 7:30 when I joined, a few months later that was changed to 6:30 on Mon thru Thurs and closed at 6 on Fridays. They also shortened their Saturday hours. My new gym is $66 a month for me and my husband, it has a pool with lap swimming and water aerobics classes 5 days a week in the morning and in the evening. It has most of the same equipment as curves and a weight room, and a basket ball court and about 15 tread mills 10 bikes and some stair steppers which I can't do, and these other machines that are kind of stair steppers but move more forward, I'm not coordinated enough for them at all, but I will be.

But bottom line to me is do what feels good to you and in my book any kind of exercise that you are doing intentionally aside from your everyday regular walking, housecleaning or your job is the #1 first step in losing weight.

I think the principal of curves is great that it's for women, because lets face it, there are lots of women who don't want to exercise with men. I just finally got over that and I figure if they don't like what they see.... don't look. At least when I'm at the gym i'm doing something about my weight.