#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%
Thumbs down The scale is NOT my friend, the scale is NOT my friend

Actually, in my case, it's the scales are not my friend.

Here's the story: On the advice of you wise LC folks, I've not been weighing myself lately (haven't been measuring either ~slap~slap~), but I'm guessing I'm about the same 165 as usual. That puts me at a 20lb loss since the end of June. Yea! Feelin' good....

So I go to the old ob-gyn last week & get on their digital scale: 178 lb. (That thing is pure evil with it's little flashing beady red numbers. Anyway...) I'm thinking OK...did someone put a little lead in my running shoes today or what? Then about 5 minutes later (to prove to myself that I wasn't too ruffled) I checked it out on the examining room scale, an old fashioned type where you gotta move the weights: 174. So I run right home and, after yelling about the bane of my life, weigh myself in the privacy of my own bathroom: 163.

So what's up with this? Do I magically gain weight when being weighed in public? And then mysteriously drop it minutes later when the door is closed? Or Did I really weigh a bunch more than 185 before starting this thing because my crappy scale is off? Is that gyn's scale a lousy piece of crap that should be burned at the stake? I say - condemn scales! Scales are NOT my friend! Booo.

Ginger
Sponsored Links