#457   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 22:00
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Chicken breasts are difficult to cook without coming out dry.

Yeah! That's why I cut it up, saute the chunked chicken for a bit with garlic and onions (garlic powder and dehydrated onions if you're short on time) and then pour a nice sauce over it and add in lots of frozen veggies. Do you have a Trader Joe's in your area? I'd suggest some of their bottled sauces and frozen veggies.

Another thought is NF Cottage Cheese. Its a staple for me. Get some SF syrup like Torani or Da Vinci. Buy some unsweetened frozen raspberries. You can have a few everyday, just not tons. Anyway, pour some syrup like Mango over the cottage cheese and dot it with a few frozen raspberries. Its utterly delicious!

Another thing I do is by NF Greek yogurt. Its sour as heck, but only 80 calories per cup! I mix in a generous amount of SF syrup with it... coffee flavored syrup is my favorite in NF Yogurt... or caramel.

You might want to start watching some cooking TV shows. Its amazing what you can pick up from them. My favorites are Good Eats and Calorie Commando. Good Eats is good entertainment too, if you're a nerdy science loving sort of person.

For breakfast I take two raw eggs to work and a wee container with NF sour cream and salsa (verde is my favorite). I mix a bit of water with the eggs and whip 'em with a plastic fork. Then I microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave 30 more, stir. Do this until they're almost but not quite done.. if they looked cooked, they're overcooked. Whip them out and plop some sour cream and salsa on top and enjoy. Spicey!

Lunch is prewashed, baby green. Low fat salad dressing (on the side). In another container I carry frozen chicken strips and frozen artichoke hearts (or whatever I have easily on hand -- these are all terrific products from Trader Joe's). Anyway, at work I assemble the salad by nuking the frozen goodies and mixing in the dressing. I eat the same damn salad every day and I still love it.