View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 11:48
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

The 7-keto is like DHEA which boosts hormones / steroids in your body. Not sure how old you are but normally young people don't want to do this (young people have too many hormones as it is) but older people need this. Typically they say around "middle age" (age 40 or so) is the youngest age you want to take these. I take DHEA and it gives you a "queasy" sensation in your stomach about days 4-5.

The Yerba mate, guarana, green tea, are usually found in most weight loss accelerators.

Citrus aurantium is "bitter orange" -- "contains several substances known to stimulate metabolic rate, which should increase calorie burning"

"dandelion leaves have also been used historically to treat water retention."

Bioperine is a black pepper extract - "Piperine, in the patent pending form of Bioperine, enhances the body's natural thermogenic activity - hence the term Thermonutriene"

So these should boost your metabolism. One word of warning. A lot of these types of accelerators will dehydrate you. So you should start drinking a lot more water. I had to stop taking them because I got so dehydrated. Since it is summer time, and you are therefore more dehydrated as it is -- be extra careful.