View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 10:43
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

I've tried the walking.....it works well for me if the weather is perfect, and nothing else gets in the way of my schedule...but I live in Michigan and I'm a mom of 2 little girls, so...you can guess how that pans out after awhile.

I've tried The Firm dvd's..... for whatever reasons I just can't make it through the whole session.

Then..I found a 25 cent/garage sale OLD Richard Simmons step VIDEO CASSETTE (1994)....and honestly, I love it...I look forward to it daily. Its a decent workout, I don't hate it like other exercises...and because of reading your post I'm going to put on the pedometer my MIL gave me for Christmas (.....!) and see if it comes anywhere close to 10K steps.

I guess what inspires me the most is that I'm 36 now, and I realize I'm going to have to work a little harder than when I was in my 20s. Atkins has worked wonders for me so far, but the time has come to tone myself up now....or I'll be stuck with my I'mAMommaBody. I also find the before/after pictures of those that are working out incredibly inspiring.

p.s. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, I still remember your Christmas/VISA gift card dilema.