View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 17:22

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Lanny, I think Jende is on to something about lifestyle changes. Also as I have stated on this board in the past , with this plan there really isn't a need to post about special recipes or places to buy some fake food to substitute for a real one -- so long lists of recipes are not needed. you just eat real food without the sugar out of all whole & healthy food groups ie, protein/carbs/fats. So that may be one reason it is not so busy. But, yes an exchanging experiences and how we adapt/customize is important and helpful.

THe Betty is a shining example of gradual but consistent weight loss on the plan, and has offered many great recipes. I have seen many levels of weight loss from various posters. Maybe if you look at some of the older posts you will find more of what you are looking for .

My experience has been that when I followed the advice from the first bk. , limiting my healthy/real carbs to about 20 per meal and getting reasonable exercise that I lost weight, felt balanced, energetic and the evil scale went down gradually.

I am going to try to stick with the basics in the first book and have just had time to try to finish the latest one ( I have been real busy -- it isn't very big!) I recently went back to trying Suzanne Somer's food combining /level one for a few weeks ( which Dr.S said in her latest bk to *not food combine* I just reviewed those paragraphs and it is very true of my attepts at food combining) but like a dummy in a hurry to lose tried it again-- lost a few lbs. initially then remembered why I had stopped years ago -- the reasoning in Dr. S's latest bk is true and what I have observed. In fact I am going to try to figure out how to change my profile info and just *commit* to TSP. As LessMom said --you just feel better! I guess it is very true that first one must become healthy then a healthy person becomes the correct weight.

In the United States I think most people experience the only time one gets a lot of medical attention is if near death. Insurance rules the treatments if one has it. Even good Dr.'s will not run many of what is considered non-essential tests (by insurance companies.) That makes it difficult for the average income TSPer to have all the testing done that is talked about.Much of it would be out of pocket on a PPO and scoffed at on a HMO. I know the testing on her site is out of my reach economically.

Jende, have you gone to about.com for info on thyroid , they have a message bd. also with a lot of helpful posters. I have found that the closer I stick with TSP the better I feel with my Hashi's thyroidism .But one does need to get the right diagnosis and rx. I have done well on cytomel & synthroid. Dr.S's bks. helped me realize that those may be a better combo that Armour's as it can be ( I could not find a Dr. that would prescribe that anyway. )