#4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 13:32

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up SP is great!

Hi Tiggie!

I've been on SP since February and lost 33 pounds. I had a 2 month stall where I lost nothing and didn't lose many inches either, but I stuck with it and it started coming off again.

SP's focus is healing the body, the weight loss is secondary. If you want to lose weight FAST, you will most likely have to cthe carbs way down.

We've all learned to modify our chosen plans to suit our own bodies' needs. I, for one, do not usually eat the strachy carbs at breakfast and lunch, and have 15-45 grams carbs at dinner during normal days, or at a lunch meal on Saturdays, my treat day, I often eat a lot more carbs.

I make sure that I complete my meals within one hour, something I took from when I was on CAD years ago (which worked for a while but NEVER curbed the cravings b/c I was STILL EATING CRAP, just once a day), so that my body doesn't release that second dose of insulin and start storing fat, especially when I am on my treat day (usually at a Mexican restaurant, I have those terribly bad for me chips that I love!).

The carbs you consume are based on the size of your stomach (insulin resistance) and your activity level.

A typical food day for me looks like this:
BREAKFAST
2-3 scrambled eggs w/butter and cream, sweet peppers and cream cheese.
Herbal or caffeine free tea with whip cream.

LUNCH
Huge piece of salmon, topped with a sauce of mayo, capers, rosemary, garlic, lemon or mustard, paprika.
Asparagus or antoher cooked veggie or salad.

Sometimes I have a snack or two, but usually not.
SNACK
Can be stuffed celery with nut butter/marscarpone or cream cheese blended to cut carbs, or some cheese sticks and berries, etc. Always protein.

DINNER
Roasted chicken with gorgonzola cream sauce, or tbone steak or bacon cheeseburgers, etc.
Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, olives, peppers, homemade roquefort dressing, etc.
Dessert of homemade whole cream ice cream or whipped cream with fresh berries and nuts (usually cashews).

So that's a typical day for me. I work at home, so I am able to easily take the time to cook. Plus, I am also blessed that my hubby is on the plan with me for life. He's at 197 and has lost 31 pounds I believe. He needs to lose about 10 more, he's very muscular and only has a tiny bit of fat (insulin resistance ) on his tummy and that's it. Good for him!

Hope this visual presentation helps. I know I certain am enjoying taking pictures of everything I eat and posting them in my own journal! Everyone thinks I'm nuts taking the pics of food all the time now.

Best wishes to you!