View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 18:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Had a great 20-MAS when I got back from my mom's today. I think I needed to release, and the sweating and heavy breathing accomplished that. I feel very refreshed.

I found 2 great garage sale bargains today. The building my mom lives in was having a bake sale and garage sale, so I wandered over and low and behold, for $5 someone was selling a perfectly good Reebok step. I snapped that up, thinking it would be perfect for a temporary weight bench for the lying down exercises. It's long enough and sturdy (and beside, I broke the old coffee table I was using..it was not meant to be a weight bench)

The fellow selling it also threw in something straight out of the 70's. It had deadlifts, bicep curls and tricep extensions written all over it.

It's the 70's version of tension bands. There's a bar with foot stirrups on the bottom. you stand on it to keep it secure. In between your feet is this huge spring with a handle on top. Pulling up on it is exactly like doing a deadlift. With a little exerimenting this gizzmo could become very usefull...variety is the spice of life.

Oh yea...got 4 phone calls this week from people at work wanting to sell weight benches and weights. 3 had barbell sets which I'm not interested in. One has dumb bells. It looks promising. I'm waiting to hear back from the fellow on whether or not his kid wants to sell the set.

I skipped a few workouts this week but had a great one today. I'm going to adjust my schedule to make my week start on Tuesday (with Monday as my free day). It will be eaiser to keep track of what I'm supposed to be doing when.

I learned a valuable lesson today. The workout felt great and was a wonderful release from the strain I've been under this week. The moral of the story is even when things get rough there is value in working out. It's good for the body. It's good for the soul. And if there isn't time for a full weights workout, there's always time for a 20-MAS