View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/224.4/180 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hi Doreen & Terridoodle...

I am so glad to hear from you, it is a little hard to do this diet when you have no one to talk to about it, and so many Questions???
I am going to put my menu down for the last 2 days, I have been keeping a journal since I started, so here goes...
1cup of decaf coffee with 1 splenda and a little splash of heavy whipping cream. 3 strips of pork loin grilled in skillet. 16oz. water.
For lunch, we went out to eat at a mexican food place, so I figured the safest thing to eat was the fahitas with no beans, rice or tortillas. It had steak, cheese, a little bell pepper, Small amount of onion, a scoop of guacomole, and a little pico de gallo, (I know that tomatoes are higher than some vegatables so I raked most of those off) Had a big glass of water with lunch.
Snack- 1carb candy bar mmmm....1.3 grams countable carbs, it says.
For supper, I had a sirloin steak, and a glass of diet peach soda, it says no carbs.
Also at some time through the day I had 2 slices of deli style turkey, and a few pork skins. Had several 16 oz. glasses water through the day, probably about 5 glasses.
Also walked 1 1/2 miles.
Next day, for breakfast 3 pieces of sausage (Owens Extra Mild) A diet soda, 16 oz. water.
Lunch two slices turkey with slice of cheese in the middle, and a bit of sirloin left over from supper.More water....also had a little cream cheese with vanilla and splenda, I make little cookie sized snacks out of them and freeze them, I ate 2 of those, probably about an ounce total.
Drank lots of water, everyday, to the point I cant sleep for needing to go to the restroom
Snacked on some pork skins and 1 strawberry.
For supper, feeling lazy, so had a can of vienna sausage, also says no carbs.And had 1/2 cup of squash cooked in whipping cream butter and a little splenda. Also ate another carb candy bar.
Also should add, I take 2 carb solution vitamins everyday, so that adds an extra gram each day, and have also started taking some acidophulus, I fear I may have yeast trouble.
In the beginning of my diet I got a sinus infection and had to take antibiotics, which caused me to have yeast infection Dr. gave me 1 Diflucan which cleared up the itchy symptoms, but I have been having heartburn pretty bad. And hungry for sweets, Have not given in to temptation except fot the carb candy.
I didnt intend to write a book, but maybe if you know something about me, you will have some wonderful tips to help me out with my diet. I dont know alot or I would try to give you some tips too. But I'm learning everyday. I really love this diet, I just love the fact that I CAN eat!!!!And I drink enough water to float a boat.......
Anyway if you see something in there that I should do different, I will try my best. I may need to eat more vegatables, but I find I have a hard time, I love salad, but only with ranch dressing and it all says it has sugar in it, and the Hidden Valley calls for milk...
Let me know what you think, and thanks so much for your time........ Melameter