View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 10:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Ive had FM since I was a kid altho I wasnt formally Diagnosed until 5 yrs ago. My symptoms tho became worse over 13 yrs ago with the birth of my daughter. I went to Doctor after doctor. My main Doc said U wouldnt be tired if U werent so over weight. I slammed him and said I wouldnt be so freakin overweight if I wasnt so tired!! Kicked him to the curb after that..lol. I eventually went to a rheumatologist and because all of the blood work that had been done previous, and the fact that I had all the tender points was Dxed. As for it being inherited? My opinion is yes. Im sure my grandma had it and my dad has chronic fatigue syndrome. I believe docs are becoming more informed, however there are still lots that think depression causes FM not the other way around. And just to let U know where I am at now. 9 years ago I was extremely sick with FM. Today because of the research I have done, low-carbing and excercise I have put myself in remission!!! Im off all meds and intend to look into becoming a certified fitness instructor in the fall! So even if U have FM there is still lots of hope!