View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 14:22

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Cool MissATC Makes the Move

Well, I've done it! I've decided to take the 12 week challenge of BFL, moderated with Atkins/PP.

History: Battled the bulge teens on. Kept fit through sports and activities. 5 years in the USMC continued to keep me fit despite my best efforts. Married in '89. Child #1 late '90, child #2 early '93. Ballooned up to 180 and 190 (had been staying around 140) for each kid. Using the Zone dropped from 160 back to 135-140, didn't last long.

After battling and losing my weight and bouts with depression, I started Atkins at the end of Feb/02. Gave myself two free days at four weeks, and another at 6 weeks, before realizing I was sabotaging my weight loss. No free days since!

Started exercising again 3 weeks ago. 40' PW 6x a week. The second week I began some light weight training; 3 UBWO and 3 LB toning and strengthening. Started early am work outs on empty tummy, after 1st week of walking.

I didn't take measurements at my all time high. My "barely can squeeze into" size 18 Levi's will serve as a constant reminder.
Thus far I have lost approximately 14 lbs, and I can actually bend over with my pants buttoned to tie my shoes-lol. Not a quick weight loss, but weight loss all the same.

Current: Tomorrow, DH and I go in to have our complete blood work done up including body fat%. We will also do our measurements in the am as a starting point for this challenge. DH has not committed to the 12 weeks. He plans to do 1-2 weeks and see how he feels. Fair enough, at least he is trying, and, yes, he has a fair amount of the access to shed as well.

I consider today through Su. my prep time. I have purchased protein drinks (lc), and glutamine. I should be ok with the other supplements. (maybe some day I will take the time to post them here). I did a LBWO this AM and learned A LOT! I had to go purchase some 10lb weights as the 5 and 8 weren't enough.
I have some concerns about an effective LBWO . We only have the weight bench and some dumbbells. Lunges/squats aren't doable for me (at least at this weight) due to week knees. The treadmill will work just fine for the cardio.

I am looking forward to joing the BBFL club!!
Sponsored Links