View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 22:54
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/219.4/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 46%
Default Making a break for the border. . .

I've thought about this post for several days now, and decided to go for it. Hope others find it appropriate and useful. If not, please ignore it--it is not meant to exclude anyone who does not share this goal, just offer support to those who do.

Open invitation for any and all interested parties. . .

If you are looking forward to crossing a border, whether into Fort Four, Threesville, Twotown, or Onederland (or any variant thereof you prefer,) and want a little extra focus and support for achieving this goal, I propose a thread dedicated to acheiving and celebrating that milestone.

THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE!! I am crummy at challenges, and fall flat on my nose in face of one. This is just support, cheerleading, and deriving inspiration from the success of others. I know there are several other TDC'ers who are getting on towards crossing the border. If you feel drawn to participate, then you belong.

Also, this is not just specifically dedicated to those who are within 5, 10, 20 or any other designated amount of that goal. Whether you are one or 99 pounds from the goal, if it drives you, you are in.

I think getting into the next hundredweight down holds a lot of power in our minds, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. We can use that to inspire us. For me, the idea of reclaiming the surrendered territory of Onederland has a lot of magic in my mind, and I'd love to have you there when I cross the border, just as I hope to be cheering for you.

So, with that long-winded preface out of the way, here's my commitment: I'm making a break for the border, back into Onederland, where I hope to live out my days in greater health and freedom. I offer my support to all others who are headed for their border, and plan on being there to cheer you on when you arrive. I make this (semi) public commitment in hope that it will help me better cherish my accomplishment, and appreciate what it has taken to get there, and strengthen my resolve to turn my back on that number forever, and never cross the border again.

Wow. That felt good to write that. I think I've regained so often, that part of me has held back, with the thought of, Yeah, but I'll probably gain it back--but now it feels like it really is forever this time. Thanks for reading this. . . .
Sponsored Links