#100   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 04:22

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaLvr
Second question Have any of you tried the Fat Fast that Atkins talks about in his book "The New Diet Revolution?" Atkins writes that for those who are severly metabolically resistant, this Fat fast can get ketosis going - but he said it was dangerous for those who are losing successfully already (going to fast might hurt our bodies in some way.) In this plan, you eating almost exclusively fats - the list looks way to rich, don't know if I could do it. Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

i've tried the fat fast to break stalls. the first time i really wasn't stalled but it worked pretty good. i lost 3 pounds and got back on my very slow weight loss track. the second time, i truly was stalled, no weight loss for 6 weeks. it didn't work but i had an awful time staying on it. it's under 1000 calories/day and something like 90% fat and i just couldn't keep the protein and calories down. there are several threads on it, the best is in the triple digit forum as i recall. if you are really interested you should be able to search for it fairly easily. click on advance search and you can search just the forum you want and not the whole site. good luck.