#14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 00:51
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default may I join you guys?

Hi; I'm new to the low carber and a little confused on how to post. I don't see any dates so I don't know to what day I'm replying.
At anyrate, LCer, I thank you for a response on another thread and Tofi as well.
I like this board, because there is more of a discussion, than just asking if this food is legal or that food is legal {a term I dislike} and people trying to find subsitutes for their favorate treats, like candy, pastry or chips.
In my case, I started Sugar busters with my son as a challenge for him and I to do it together {even though he doesn't need to lose weight :34 waist}.
I went along with it because I thought I would show him how easy it was NOT going to be. But I did lose from 270 to 244 and was amazed that I was eating quite normal, excepting for the SGWW bread and pasta requirements. BUT then, I stopped losing. I reexamined what I was doing and people on the SB board said if you stall, you have to drop the bread and the pasta. So I started to eat less of those items, and used them as treats instead.
In all truth, I do not know what I was doing wrong or if I am just in denial.
But slowly my son stopped cooking the SGWW pasta because his wife asked when are we going to get rid of this brown pasta? {my son lost 8 lbs in 4 to 6 weeks and drank a glass of red wine every night and the occassional beer}
I slowly gained back some of the weight, now at 249.
So what happened? I started to get increased pain in my joints and bad gout attacks!
Two evils to work on, if diet is part of the gout problem.
Every week now, something different is happening, this week I caught a cold from my grandkids, and mine goes into asthma and maybe a touch of pneumonia{?}
I'm blaming the heavy duty meds for how lousy I feel, but inside I'm scared.
I want to beat this weight problem , especially considering I was not ever a fat girl and most of my life I was pretty trim between 117 and 130 pounds. Then it went between 150 and 180.
After doing the protein shake diet, I never could get in control again! {1987}.

Forgive me for writing such a long and lame post, but I need to talk to someone, there are no doctors to listen how to help.
There must be some other medical reason besides the usual:
the food intake must be lower than the mechanical output!! {body movement}
I'm scared out of my wits!