Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/164/155 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default New Member Needs Help

Guys -
I posted this on the advanced/intense workout forum and no one responded. I've read good stuff on this forum, so I thought I'd move it over here. I hope I'm not breaking any rules!
Short history: I am 44, 5'8", weight 168 now and lost 50 lbs. on Atkins two years ago and kept most of it off until going on a cruise last March. Still battling the last 13 lbs, which won't seem to budge. I lift with my Bowflex alternating u.b. and l.b. every other day with a 1/2 hour on my treadmill at up to 7.5 mph (don't do cardio and lifting on the same days). I am following the Body for Life plan, without the carbs. I am getting weak-feeling in my workouts and the scale's not budging. Yes - I do look a lot better than two weeks ago, but I was looking forward to a dramatic loss like I got last time. Last time, I was also working out, but maybe not as hard.
Yesterday, with the help of DietPower.com, I logged all my food and my workout. The program said losing 13 lbs. by Christmas was "absurd". I might be pushing it, but I've easily lost ten lbs. in two weeks on Atkins before. Anyway, I want to see how far toward that goal I can get, and if the scale won't budge, at least I'd like to see the lower abdomen fat pad leave or at least get a LOT smaller.
Anyway, to my horror, the two lc EAS shakes I drank yesterday to give myself five meals added up to 10 grms. of net carbs and that, with the rest of what I ate, added up to 56 carbs! OMG! I had no idea how quickly things added up. Ordinarily, I would have also added a big bowl of lc icecream for dessert, adding at least another 6 grams to my day. I'd already decided to cut that out. Do you think I should also cut out the shakes? Sometimes when I'm busy, I don't have time to eat. I thought they were a way to keep my body fueled up for my active lifestyle (horse trainer) and my workouts. Could they be sabotaging me? But I also ate a large handful of cashews, out of desperation. It seems there's nothing left to satisfy my need for a "treat"! I gave up my beloved beer, then wine, then diet coke (with aspartame). I'm running out of things to make myself feel happy about!
Should I stay below 20 grams of carbs/day for a couple weeks even though I'm in training and don't have much energy in my lifting? Help! I don't know whether to eat more carbs or cut back!
Any help would be grately appreciated,
Diana
Sponsored Links