View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Aztovaalex and Laurie Lou...

Basically, even tho I had been following Atkins.. I was eating too much protein. The way I came to this conclusion was by reading the Zone. In there he makes reference to eating enough protein suitable to your lean body mass. He also give you the way to calculate your lean body mass. This can also be found on his website. WELL.. when I did the calculations I discovered I was eating too much protein. For my lean body mass I am to eat about 97 grams a day.. so I divided it among my meals and snackes... that seemed to do the trick.. plus I added a few more carbs.. I usually have a small gala apple a day.. and I always make sure I eat protein with my carb to balance it out... and then maybe a muffin or something.. every other day... I seemed to have found my "Zone"..

I weigh in next week.. so we will see how it goes...

The only thing I can recommend is check out the Atkins site to get you lean body mass... and how many grams of protein for your body and then calculate your protein intake for an average day.. how many ounces or pieces you eat of whatever you eat.. I thnk you might be surprised like I was...

According to Barry Sears / Zone... protein is broken down into amino acids.. and if you have too much amino acids in your body.. it will do the same as it does with sugar.. and secrete insulin.. thus.. not weight loss...

Let me know if you want some help...

Ramona