View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 04:36

Plan: 30/60/90
Stats: 000/000/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Back to my usual gym after its re-fit. Bah! I don't like it. Torso twist has gone. That was great for obliques. I hated it cos it was hard but it worked you over good. Also no more crunch cages or mats for floor exercise, and no swiss balls. Instead there is some crazy cable machine called a 'Total Abdominal' which is nothing of the kind. The new Leg Press is seated and not lying (bah!) and its already broken.
Most of the space has been devoted to new flashy cardio machines each with its own TV screen. Double bah! What a waste of money and space. I spent most of my time chatting with the other regulars about how we hated all the changes! But I suppose we will get used to it. I have to adapt my training to suit the equipment. I'm thinking of going to a 3 day split and using more free weights. Trouble is there is very limited space for these and they are usually hogged by the guys doing long sets, and I can't be bothered to wait for them to finish.

Warm-up: (This was just to get familiar with how they work.)

Treadmill 5mins
Bike 5 mins
Elliptical 5 mins. Horrible! Its not possible to adjust the ramp on it, only the resistance. Bah!

Pec Deck 3 x 10 x 20kg
Leg Curl 3 x 8 x 50kg
Shoulder Press 3 x 8 x 20kg
Chest Press 3 x 7 x 35kg
Leg Extension 3 x 10 x 40kg
Arm Curls 3 x 10 x 20kg
Lateral Pull Down 3 x 8 40kg
Back Extensions 2 x 15 x 50kg
Hip Abbduct 2 x 15 45kg
Hip Adduct 2 x 15 x 45kg
Stupid abdominal thing 3 x 8 x 45kg