View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 15:31

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%
Default what to eat for muscle?

ok so i lost 17 pounds in the last month. (&14 inches tyvm ) but its sorta bittersweet because according to mybodycomp, 8 pounds of that were muscle & only 9 were fat i exercize regularly... mostly cardio... i do some resistance/strength training... admittedly not as much as i should, tho. i just joined a gym last week... i've been 'toying' with the machines and such but am waiting till my appt with a personal trainer next Friday to really jump into it because i want to do it right. i thought i was supposed to eat like 80 or so grams a day of protien to maintain my muscle mass & i do, but its obviously not working if these figures are right. i don't eat a whole lot of fat... well, let me rephrase that, i dont eat alot of saturated fat. i get my fats from natural sources... nuts and cheeses. im not big into oils... or greasy cheeseburgers or bacon & whatnot. so please dont tell me to up my fats.. there has to be another way that doesnt make me want to gag at the thought. im curious what i can/should eat to maintain muscle and just lose fat. will more strength training help with this or increase my need for more carbs or something? i'm so scared to change my diet because its 'working' for me, but with the added exercize i will be getting at the gym, i know im going to need to eat more... or differently. does any1 else use mybodycomp? how accurate is it? im not even sure how much i believe that my BF% is the 36.47% that it says it is... so maybe it could be a little off about me losing muscle mass too? but at any rate, im still curious what to eat to maintain my muscle and just lose fat. thanks
Sponsored Links