View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 12:58

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 197/150/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Yes low carb saved my life as well. I was a BAD anorexic/bulimic and had been for over 2 decades. I almost killed myself with throwing up. My stomach is now completely screwed and I have to take a Zantac if I even look at a bad carb. Whenever i get a flu (not often thank goodness as low carb keeps me healthy) and I am sick to my stomach, I still throw up blood as well. Testimony to what people with eating disorders do to their bodies. I am an energetic person, I am a DJ by profession and am always jumping around on stage, teaching dances etc. But there was a time when my bulimia kept me from enjoying all the things I used to love. A very good friend of mine who laid the Atkins NDR book in my lap had this to say to me..."Keep up what you have been doing to your body and your soul girl, and you will end up dead in a grave, guess then you will be happy with your weight as you will be nothing but a skeleton covered in juicy maggots." She was right. My skinny a$$ body won't matter much when the maggots come a calling would it? Sorry for the brutal reality check, but take it from someone who knows the truth. Low carb saved my life, not only did I NOT gain a little bit of weight when I started, but I started losing right away. After getting scared off of puking my brains out, I gained 60 pounds, low carb took care of that. There is no scale in my house. I am my own scale. If I stand naked in front of my full length mirror, and like what I see looking back at me...thats all the scale and proof I need. This board is full of lurking people, models, wannabe models, dancers, regular people, all of them to afraid to post, all of them hunting around for a sure cure for their eating disorder affliction. Most of them afraid to speak up and tell the world their dirty little puking secret. I am speaking to you personally, you are not alone, you are human and humans make mistakes. Alot of the times this is due to what the magazines and movies show us are their idea of the ideal woman. What happens when you starve yourself...anorexia...your body goes into shock and starts eating its own tissues/muscles to survive as your food reserves are depleted. Bulimia....you will never get skinny anyway, the body struggles to hold onto food that you put in it and even after puking your brains out, you will never be rid of all the food, but whats left in your body is not enough to sustain you, it also turns right into fat as your body is starving and makes every effort to hold onto whats its given. your brain starts to starve as well. I have wrecked my beautiful body doing what you are doing. Stomach and throat problems, teeth issues, weak heart. I now have to face the music. Low carb is healing me, but my body...my temple, will never be the same. My internal organs are that of a 65 year old, to quote my doctor. And I owe all that to anorexia and bulimia. For those of you who are lurking here, looking for a way out of your nightmare, keep this in mind, my doctor said the damage I did to my internal organs was accomplished in the first 6 months of abusing my body. Stop the vicious circle now. Trust me, you WILL find salvation in low carb and will break this death sentence you have imposed on yourself. You are slowly commiting suicide. With all that said, come and join the land of the living...the sun shines on my face and all is right with my world for the first time in 20 years. You can do it, its so easy you will laugh at all the wasted time you spent hanging over the toilet seat.