Old Sat, May-29-04, 21:29

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Unhappy Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQman
I don't know if my cholesterol went down because I never got bloodwork done pre-LC, but I just got blood work back last week. My HDL is 44 and my LDL is 90, which are both good numbers from what I hear. I don't know why my triglycerides are but I plan on asking today when I go in for my physical.

I don't know what happened with me because I neglected to have any bloodwork before the diet. But, the reason I felt comfortable with doing this diet is because the American Heart Association did a study on this diet where they discovered that overal lipids improved with this diet. I just took for granted, because of this study, that my results would be good. Well anyway, I have had bloodwork done twice in the 1 1/2 years that I have been doing this. As of December my HDL=77 LDL=59 triglycerides=59 glucose=98

I am very leary about this news of the lawsuit.Why aren't health officials falling all over themselves to make restrictions on this diet like they did with ephedra? I have heard two different amounts of money that the victim is seeking ( $15,000.00 and $28,000.00 ). What kind of lawsuit money is that?!? That will be just enough to pay all dem lawyers. Why is this even getting any press? I think it is BS.