View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:06

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Exclamation yoga for weight loss

I know it sounds strange, but yoga was a surprise for me. I am rediscovering what a difference a little bit done right can do. I've always wanted to do yoga since it can be done well at home (a class is often too distracting). I have gone through 15 tapes - eep - and found 2 that were worth it. The best one is Living Arts' "Yoga for Weight Loss" with Suzanne Deason. 4 women are in the video doing the same workout but with various modifications. It's separated into several sections. I often just do the warmup at the beginning to get my aching back right for the day. This tape is rigorous enough for weight loss but doable even for someone who finds all the other "beginner" tapes just too hard to do or follow.

The other tape that I found useful is "Yoga for Dummies". It's not as fun or integrated as the weight loss one, but she goes through moves in a slower way and you can hear her breathing so you can learn how to "do" yoga. Breathing is everything.

So if you want to try a little yoga at home to stretch, get a better shape, or even drop a few pounds, I recommend these videos.
Sponsored Links