View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

You're not alone!

Since I'm a baby about taking fiber . . . .but it works . . .

I get konsyl, an all natural no sugar or flavor added psyllium husk product, and make pancakes out of 1 tsp of it mixed in with either 1 (about 2-3 TBL) scoop of keto shake mix or keto blueberry hot cereal, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1 TBL cream, 1 dash cinnamon, and about 1/4 cup water. I mix it all up with an electric mixer, let it sit about 3-5 minutes, and then use the "batter" like pancake batter with butter or oil in the frying pan. I top it with sugar free log cabin syrup. YUM!

I find I have to have one of these handy pancakes every other day, or I get constipated, too!

Since these have egg, cream, and keto shake or cereal in them, and since you "fry" them, they've got a good "Atkins" balance of fat, protein, and carbs. I figure the net carbs are about 3-5 for the meal, depending on the flavor you use. (Cappucino is good and has .5 net carb for that amount. Blueberry hot cereal mix is also good but has closer to 2 net carb for that amount. Cream is <1 per TBL, and an egg is about 1 carb. Baking powder, for that small an amount is close to 1 carb).

Good luck!
Sue