View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 15:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/169/145 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Hormones slowing the process?

Hi everyone: I have been on Atkins for almost 3 weeks and have only lost 3 lbs. I have been sticking with 20 or less carbs per day, but have been eating more of the "processed" low carb foods than I probably should on induction. Typical menu: breakfast is always two eggs w/cheese and 3 or 4 pieces of bacon; lunch is a small chef salad with 3 carb italian or ranch dressing; dinner is usually some type of meat and cheese stick or MorningStart Banana Nut cereal with half and half (small portion so I can stay under 20 carbs). For snacks during day I nibble on cheese or a zero net carb chocolate bar. I am also on hormone replacement therapy and antidepressants. Atkins says these can significantly hinder your weight loss. Anyone else having a hard time on hormones or anti-depressants? HELP! Last time I was on this diet 5 years ago I lost 10 lbs in two weeks. I was on hormones and anti-depressants at that time and didn't have problems. I guess I'm 5 years older and that can slow things down -- the age thing Any input would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links