View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Finding the Right form of exercise for me

Okay I live in a small block. The front door opens to a long corridor. My flat door opens to a flight of stairs (some of my visitors have called it very steep but that's probably 'cos they are in my Sweet Mum's class of fitness!) followed by another long corridor.

I got up, did my head rolls and shoulder lifts on the way to the kitchen. I have collected some Exercise cassettes, CDs, Videos over the years so I know a little about warming up!! Did my "balancing-on-one-leg-Act" while I filled and waited for the kettle to boil. You might laugh but that is a good exercise for me ... tells me how I am really feeling!! If I can't balance I'm not so good. The longer I CAN balance the better I am.

Anyway pot of tea in hand I was on my way to my spacious lounge intending to do as much as I could to my exercise video when inspiration suddenly hit me. I put the pot of tea down. Ran down the stairs, along the corridor; touched the front door, ran back along the corridor, up the stairs, along the corridor, to the table. Ummm felt good. Did it again and again and again getting slower each time but determined to do as many as possible. To cut a long story short I did it 15 times in all today before deciding that was QUITE enough. Every time I reached the table I drew a little line on a piece of paper to keep count ... and took a quick sip of tea before running back.

It's 3pm now. I feel Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttt. Can I keep this up and build on it daily? I don't know but I can certainly give it a shot.

Dan Fern Question for you : What am I exercising here??? Layman's language please + a little bit of yours so I can synchronise the two eventually!!