View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 15:29

Plan: Atkins-esque
Stats: 200/158/150 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Yes, sirree!

This cereal is fine and dandy for induction as the carb count is low, it doesn't contain nuts or berries and the fiber is EXCELLENT for you.

If you're having trouble with getting enough fiber in your diet this will do the trick. Also, I'm a high cholesterol gal and the flax keeps it in check, which is among the benefits of flax. The wheat bran included in this does a little of the same thing.

I'm off Induction and have enjoyed adding 2 T. of homemade peanut butter to my morning cereal ... this is my everyday breakfast and eggs/bacon/sausage are a once in a while choice for me now.

You can omit the cocoa (it does have some fiber in it, but isn't essential to enjoying the cereal unless you're dying for chocolate), and you can substitute various sweeteners, such as DaVinci Gingerbread, peanut butter, or plain old vanilla. Whatever suits your mood!

If you try this let me know what you think. DH isn't a fan ... he's expecting an exact duplicate of oatmeal, which he loves. This is more nutty in texture and far more flavorful than oatmeal. Plus, once you mix it, you can add a little more water to thin it or a little more cereal to thicken it, which you can't do with oatmeal.