View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 20:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/267/135 Female 62
BF:48%/47.70%/?%
Progress: 29%

Well, this is a sensitive subject for me since I fell like I have let my daughter down. At 13 I was in a size 14-16 and was never told I was overweight by my Mom. I was allowed to make my own decisions and she hoped I made the right ones. Well, at 17 I got pregnant and gained 100 pounds. It has been a battle ever since.

As my daughter grew, I noticed her weight coming on around age 9 or so. I didn't do anything. I was afraid if I restricted her or "made" her eat right (which at the time was WW style) I would ruin her self esteem and hurt her feelings.
Now shes 13 and my Mom just took her shopping at guess where? Lane Giant. Size 18's. She is a junk food junkie and loves candy and soda. Well, her and I have been talking and she is now trying to make healthier low carb decisions and excercising, but the candy is still a problem.

If I could do it all over, which I can't, and I know this, I would not have allowed her to eat just whatever she wanted. I am the parent. So we now have healthy snacks in the house to choose from and we eat our dinner meals low carb. What she eats at school I can't control, but she tells me that she is eating salads and the meat ( or as we say, "The guts") out of her sandwiches.
I hope I can catch this early enough before she gets too big and has all the problems that come along with it. I want her to have a good life not full of the pain that comes from being too fat.

I wish you luck, it's a rough ride.