View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 11:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yep, my mom bought me the husky jeans too...I was a plus size 16 in the childrens department at age 10. I went on my first diet (counting fat grams) at age 11 and lost 15 pounds...it felt great! Slowly gained it back but since I was growing taller I never looked as heavy as I had been even though the weight came back. After I had packed on too much as a teen I tried eating low-fat again but it never made me lose weight again. I tried diets off and on in high school but they didn't really work or I didn't stick to them very long. I did Atkins my senior year of high school and worked out a lot. I was looking good but lost more inches than pounds...discouraged at not losing a lot of "weight" on the scale I quit. Within the next year I gained 25 pounds eating anything and everything I wanted. After seeing pictures of myself from a recent family vacation I realized I could do better. Also, my BMI was at a high level. The day I got back I started by just cutting back and taking walks. Then I started Atkins and have been with it since. !7 pounds in 4 months baby! Wahoo! I am feeling good.