View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 07:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I was stalled for 5.5 months, however, I wouldn't recommend cheating. I contemplated all sorts of options, really upping the good carbs; cheating w/bad carbs (but sugar and white flour give me a splitting headache now); more exercise; etc. I was at my wit's end. But I was stuck 5 lbs. short of goal, so I did not know if my body had found its "ideal weight" short of goal or what. Well, my daughter's birthday party occurred during my stall. I was going to have pizza and chocolate cake, nothing else was working, so why not? Well, the morning of her party, I was greeted with a 2 lb. whoosh. No thoughts of cheating that day. While I was at my wit's end, another poster suggested dramatically upping my fat and water intake, which I did.

The other thing that may be happening to you, is that you could possibly be at a weight that you were once at sometime in your life, and your body is very comfortable there. Shake things up with exercise or stagger your carbs and calories throughout the week, to keep your body guessing. If you have stayed on strict induction, perhaps your body has become accustomed to what you've been eating, thus the suggestion for carb and calorie staggering. Patience. Good luck on your LC journey!!!