#12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 16:39
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Bernstein/general LC
Stats: 170/155/133 Female 5'1 1/4"
BF:31.5%/28.5%/24.8%
Progress: 41%
Cool Short story, except...

I'm 57 and my last period was five years ago. Last ones were a few months apart, maybe a trickle, and then a flood! . The very last time happened while I was replacing the receptionist at work in August of 98. Fortunately the skirt I was wearing dried in a jiffy with the hand-dryer in the ladies' room and the small fan on my desk took care of the chair

Never had hot flashes, related to menopause that is, only to food, especially carbs which push blood sugar levels up for a diabetic. So low-carbing pretty much takes care of that. Bouts of fatigue, weight gain, lack of sleep, and other ailments are related to a slow thyroïd, which is now being corrected by synthroid.

For a great number of women, thyroid functions slow down with age. It might be worth your while to check into that, Soslusue. You can find a lot of information and great advice in these forums. I've subscribed to the diabetes threads as well as the thyroid ones. It might be wise not to assume that all problems are caused by menopause.

Mariejoe, this thread is a great idea

Bye for now

Denyse