View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 1745/159.5/124 Female 5'4"
BF:28%
Progress:
Unhappy Stopped losing 9 months ago - help!

Hi. I'm new to these boards, looking for help. I started Atkins 20 months ago and was successful at first - lost 21 pounds over a 9 month period taking me from 174 to 153 pounds (28 %) with some stops and starts. I'm 5'4" and 66 years old. Then, I stalled and have been stalled ever since. I started counting carbs and realized I was too high so I decreased to about 35 carbs daily. I counted calories for a while and reduced my fats and cheese. I'm hypothyroid, so I had the doc increase my meds. Then, while I was on vacation, I gained 6 pounds (159). Then, I started induction again but -two pounds off, two pounds on. Recently, I stopped eating after 6PM. Almost anything including exercise works for a couple of pounds - but it's a yoyo - two pounds off, two pounds back - weighing myself a couple of times a week. I still have at least 20 pounds to go, but I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do. Since my hypothyroid diagnosis, this is the only weight loss program that's had any effect. Before Atkins, I tried herbs, weight training, aerobics, a nutritionist and weight watchers without any success at all. Thanks in advance for anyone's ideas.
Sponsored Links