View Single Post
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 12:31

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Linda (aka: iamwoman)

Love the black cat. We owned one, then we adopted two kittens out of a stray's litter, then we rescued another kitten - anyway DH developed severe allergies to cats and we had to adopt all of them out. Luckily we found good homes for them but I miss having a cat around. My daughter took my tabby so I get to see him when I visit and there is a cat downstairs that comes up to visit so I get to stroke and talk to her too.

I am not unlike you where I found myself a few pounds from goal then the bad eating habits kicked in again and I regained a bit of what I lost. I am still 7 pounds up which I could kick myself for. But I do get back to low-carbing easily and feel more in control eating this way. It seems my brain is more aware this time and I actually think about the ice cream I want to consume before just gobbling it down. I choose to have a portion but it is much smaller and I feel better knowing I am aware and exhibiting portion control even if I am cheating a bit. Hope that makes sense.

I was very down for a few days so I didn't write anything. Also there is a femily wedding coming up so it has been stressful preparing for that. My youngest daughter is being married and my oldest daughter is her matron of honour. We took her dress into a reputable dressmaker to have it altered and they shortened it twice as much as needed and "butchered" the top so this has been added stress. Usually I would be wolfind down chocolate bars by the half dozen and/or chocolate chip cookies, but not this time - quite remarkable for me to be in this much control of my "sweet" tooth.

Chat later. Love the cat - what is it's name?

Jan