#3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 07:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwannab
I have just started exercising -- I read that is one thing that breaks through a plateau also. Any advice is appreciated.
At the risk of repeating myself, I'll say it again. You've done exceptionally well, Slim!

The inclusion of exercise into your WOL is a great addition - and I would be shocked it if didn't yeild results. They may not show up on the scale, though. Are you taking measurements? They are often a better way of gauging success than the evil scale.

Refeeding is something that gets discussed a lot around here - but most do not do it propperly. I would not recommend it for a few reasons. First and foremost being you've already been on your plateau for 5 weeks and you've added in exercise. This alone should help.

As for increasing calories - how many are you eating regularly? How much protein? If you're too low then yes, increasing slightly and slowly might be a good idea - but if you're eating enough and you're just 'stalled' because your body needs a time out from losing nothing you do is going to make a big difference.

I'd keep up the exercise and monitor my measurements. And be kinder to myself if I were you - you've done a great job so far.

-Nat