View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:56

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

The UI pieces that I miss most would be the easy access to the gym log that my avatar gave me on the front page and the "mark this forum read" link that appeared at the top of the page rather than the bottom where it lives now. There are a few others, but those are the two most annoying. Also, not a big fan of the increased span of the tables holding the posts, it's not a comfortable eye scanning width. In the individual forums, the links at the top that essentially tell you where you are (e.g. "Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs > Dexalicious Revolution") are so bunched up and crowded now as to make them nearly useless as a quick reference or easy navigational point. I could probably go on for quite awhile about this stuff, but I'll stop now.

As for the weight loss...to be honest, I'm not sure what I expect. I know I averaged >2000 calories through the six weeks of cycle one and managed to drop about seven pounds--which is right on average for the losses I saw during the 3.5-4 months of low carb experimenting beforehand. *shrug* It's all just one big experiment though, isn't it?

My blood pressure has been tracking back down in "normal" ranges for the past two weeks, and I just generally feel better. I don't have whacked-out mood swings, I don't have wild bloating, and I don't suffer (or make the people around me suffer) with the PMS symptoms that came with low carbing for me so I have to say that I'm fairly happy with how things are going.

I suspect one of the reasons I'm able to eat as much as I do without gaining (and even seeing some losses) is what I've been calling "the whole food factor"--you recently touched on this in your journal as well. I stay as far away from crap food as I can. No more packaged/processed "treats" and very little artificial sweetener (though, I'll cop to having about a teaspoon of Splenda every few days). I do use protein powders--I don't think I'd be able to get the protein numbers in without them--and I keep a couple of protein bars around to throw in my pack when I'm going to be out for the day and might not be able to grab food whenever I want it, but even that is a rarity.

I figure the absolute worst thing that can happen is that I gain a little. I'm confident that I'm now aware enough of the doings of my body that I would put a clamp down on it before it got out of control. So, worst case, I have to step back, reassess, and try something new. *shrug* It probably helps that I'm not looking for a diet. I'm not interested in anything that I don't feel is sustainable over the long-term, because I know it just wouldn't work for me. I would end up dissatisfied and feeling like I was depriving myself of something...putting things off until I reached some elusive "goal". I don't have time for that. I need to live my life right now, and part of that means that I have to find a way that not only will improve my health in the future, but will sustain my health for the present.

That said, food numbers for yesterday...
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2547
Fat: 101 908 37%
Sat: 25 223 9%
Poly: 9 79 3%
Mono: 38 338 14%
Carbs: 155 430 18%
Fiber: 48 0 0%
Protein: 276 1103 45%
"yellow" carbs: 104

Also, I finally got around to taking some pictures. We'll see if I got them small enough to attach...