View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 07:16

Plan: atkins, sommersize, schwarzbein
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow..just read the symptoms of Cushings, and sure enough they fit! But this dr told me the cortisol test was NORMAL (it wasn't until I came home & read the paperwork that I noticed it was high)...it wasn't "flagged" by the lab either.
Believe it or not, this dr had a copy of my labwork READY for me..I didn't even have to ASK, let alone beg or plead...way to go dr!
This is dr #2, as my first dr just told me it was old age & wouldn't run any levels! THIS new dr referred me to the endo because of hormonal imbalance. Long story...but 2 FSH tests say I'm NOT in menopause, yet I haven't had a period in 1-1/2 yrs. I'm on progestin only birth control pill, so my estrogen is low, progesterone normal, and testosterone is HIGH (probably because dr #1 prescribed me testosterone cream, without checking level, when I complained about loss of sex drive!!).
AND...something about having too much blood??? That's the other reason she wants me to see the endo.
THANK GOODNESS you all warned me not to mention andrenal fatigue!!!! Sure don't need depression meds adding to my problems!
Thanks so much everyone!